There are lots of new features in this maintenance release of Greenplum database.
1. External Tables can now read Parquet and Avro files in HDFS.
2. Partitioned Tables can now have External Partitions. This would be useful to have a Greenplum table with some data residing external to the database in something like Hadoop.
3. More enhancements to the Query Optimizer.
4. Native connection pooling.
5. COPY commands can be controlled by Resource Queues.
6. Utility analyzedb can now analyze catalog tables.
7. Utility gptransfer has enhancements.
8. Improvements in resynchronization of segment mirrors.
9. Utilities gpmigrator and gpmigrator_mirror have enhancements.
10. Improvements in gpsupport utility.